The Réseau santé en fançais au Nunavut (RÉSEFAN) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the health of Francophones in Nunavut. It accomplishes its mission by promoting health and well-being. It also seeks to support, consolidate and develop access to health services for Nunavut's francophone community.
RÉSEFAN is a recognized leader that is engaged in the community. Therefore, it is a partner of choice for the development and implementation of structuring initiatives in healthcare, both at the territorial and national levels.
- Respect: through consultation, listening and inclusion.
- Leadership: through innovation and vitality.
- Equality for all Nunavummiut.
RÉSEFAN’s goals are to :
- Contribute to the planning of health care and social services in French and the implementation of Nunavut’s Official Languages Act in this area;
- Define and implement strategic guidelines related to well-being and health that are integrated into Nunavut’s social and multicultural reality;
- Promote French-language health care services in Nunavut;
- Promote health and well-being among Francophones in Nunavut;
- Manage grants and funds received from a variety of sources including revenue generated by the organization’s various activities; and
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment necessary to implement its programs and activities.
RÉSEFAN 2018-2023 Strategic Planning
The RÉSEFAN carried out its strategic planning to link its goals, its strategic priorities and its actions to Healthbound 18-23 – Toward Access, the five-year program implemented by Société Santé en français and the 16 French-language Health Networks of Canada.
Projects and activities
RÉSEFAN is currently working on 6 projects to improve accessibility for Francophones to health care in their language.
The purpose of this project is to support health promotion programs and initiatives in the aera of early childhood and assist in meeting needs and helping to reduce health inequalities in official language minority comminities. To consult the project presentation
The purpose of this project is to set up pathways that provide Francophones with access to confidential mental health services in French through telemedicine. To consult the project presentation
This project aims to set up an interpretation system in French through telemedicine and a service that enables patients to receive phone or e-mail support while making appointments, follow-up of files, medical trips, etc. To consult the project presentation
The purpose of this project is to encourage the commitment of medical staff to offer services in French. It will be implemented through the creation of a Welcoming Community, a discussion group in French for medical staff and recognition and training scholarships. To consult the project presentation
This program facilitates the arrival of Francophone interns who provide services to the population. In addition, we hope that the interns will be charmed by Nunavut and that they will want to return to work in our community. To consult the project presentation
This project contribute to the development of Franch-Language medical resources in Francophone minority communities across Canada. To consult the project presentation
Furthermore, RESEFAN develops specific health-promotion initiatives such as conferences and sports activities.
Subscribe to our Facebook @resefan page to learn more!